Documenting the splendour of porcelain and its significance to the ancient world. We have managed to secure authentic pieces that were painstakingly recovered from tedious maritime expeditions from well-known wrecks such as the Wanli, Turiang, Royal Nanhai, Nanyang, Xuande, and Desaru. The museum will be divided into three sections which we will be discussing in detail.
- The museum’s location in a beautifully restored heritage building in George Town, Penang.
- Its extensive collection of Peranakan artifacts, including clothing, furniture, ceramics, and jewelry.
- The interactive displays and multimedia exhibits that provide a fascinating insight into the Peranakan way of life and culture.
- The availability of guided tours in English and Mandarin, which are led by knowledgeable guides.
- The fact that admission to the museum is free, making it an accessible destination for visitors of all budgets.
- Guests aged 12 and under are admitted free of charge.
Monday – Sunday: 9:00 AM – 7:00 PM
Included Public Holiday & School Holidays
Last Admission: 5:30 PM
Straits and Oriental Museum, 163C-3-1 St. Jo’s Gurney Paragon Mall 10250, Persiaran Gurney, 10250 George Town, Pulau Pinang.