Head to Kubang Badak Jetty and hop on Explorer Boat for a ride along the coastal river to explore the mangrove forest. Dictated by the rise and fall of the tides. We may have chances to observe the White-bellied Sea Eagles, Brahminy Kites, Kingfishers, Herons, Mudskippers, Fiddler Crabs, Monitor Lizards, and if we are lucky the resident otter family.
We stop at an Ancient Charcoal Kiln and next at Pinang Cave. The remains of an ancient sea cave formed by waves when the sea was 25m above its current level.
We then head off to Pulau Dangli, a secluded island with vibrant aquatic life and coral reefs on offer. Enjoy leisurely snorkeling on this island with the resident Sergent Major Fishes. We might be able to see more fishes and the coral reef on a neap tide.
- Embark on an exciting cruise along Langkawi’s Siam River to appreciate its natural splendor
- Marvel at the diverse ecosystem while gliding through the enchanting mangrove forest and spotting various wildlife
- Visit multiple captivating sites such as Jemuruk Island and the Bat Cave during the voyage
- Opt for a knowledgeable guide to delve into the history of Langkawi and the Siam River for an informative experience
- Indulge in this unique and exclusive mangrove cruise itinerary!
Available Daily at 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM
*Included Public Holidays and School Holidays
Total Duration of Activity: Approximately 3 hours (3:00 PM – 6:00 PM)
- Depart at the jetty and hop on to explorer boat
- Cruise through narrowing mangrove channels
- Stop at the Pre-War Charcoal Kiln
- Visit Bat Cave
- Visit Jemuruk Island for a swim
- Cruise along the mangrove forest, Geopark Matchinchang Formations, and Ancient Karst Limestone Outcrop
- See mudskipper, fiddler crabs, sea eagles, kites, kingfishers, and herons along the way
- Arrive back at Jetty