Step into a realm steeped in legends, myths, mystery, and enchantment! Merely a 25-minute drive from Kota Kinabalu city, Mari Mari Cultural Village stands as a captivating testament to the rich traditions of five Sabah communities – the Bajau, Lundayeh, Murut, Rungus, and Dusun. These architectural marvels, crafted by the tribes’ descendants, not only showcase their distinctive houses but also provide glimpses into their historical ways of life. This sanctuary serves as a guardian of Borneo’s ethnic heritage, allowing you to partake in various traditional activities, such as crafting blowpipes, tattooing, making rice wine, and igniting fires.
Immerse yourself in the traditions of these tribes through cultural performances and savor authentic local cuisine. Explore this cultural haven in Sabah with an English-speaking guide who will introduce you to the unique lifestyle and customs of each tribe. A visit to Mari Mari Cultural Village, tucked away in the serene Kionsom forest, offers a tranquil escape from the urban hustle and is a must-add experience to your Kota Kinabalu itinerary.
- Find Mari Mari Cultural Village nestled in the tranquil Kionsom forest, a serene retreat from Kota Kinabalu’s bustling city life.
- Immerse yourself in the lives of Malaysia’s five indigenous tribes, enjoying an authentic and educational experience.
- Delight in a range of diverse culinary offerings and witness captivating traditional activities like blowpipe crafting and fire-starting.
- Choose from two convenient tour times to fit your schedule.
- A family-friendly adventure that should not be missed when visiting Kota Kinabalu.
Operating Schedules (Tour Duration – 3 Hours):
- Morning tour: 10:00AM
- Afternoon tour: 2:00PM
Mari Mari Cultural Village, Inanam, 88450 Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia.
- By car: Approx. 30-minute drive from Kota Kinabalu city center or a 15-minute driving distance from Inanam area
- Good To Know Things to bring / wear: Cap / Hat Extra pocket money, Comfortable walking shoes / sandals / slippers, Casual wear (light clothing), Poncho / umbrella. Optional: Camera
- Guests are advised to arrive at village at least 15 minutes earlier.