The Mari Mari Cultural Village Tour is situated far from the contemporary and expanding Kota Kinabalu city. The community functions as a Borneo ethnic cultural museum. The tour gives you the chance to observe and learn about the customs and way of life of Borneo’s native ethnic groups when electricity had not yet been brought to their country. Meanwhile, Kokol Elf is a great destination for friends, couples, and families to escape the hustle and bustle of the city because of its close proximity. While relaxing on the swings, nests, and hanging cocoon chairs, Kokol Elf is one of the must-visit locations to get the most Instagram-worthy photos of a brilliant sunset, Mount Kinabalu, and the bustling city of Kota Kinabalu.
Mari-Mari Cultural Village It strives to teach to you Borneo’s knowledge, history, culture, and traditions so that they are not lost. The village features 5 different ethnic tribes in one village. They are the rice farmer Kadazan-Dusun, the longhouse resident Rungus, the hunters and fisherman Lundayeh, the cowboy and sea gypsey Bajau, and the famously feared headhunting tribe Murut. Experience their simple yet delicate life: making blowpipe for hunting, setup fire in traditional way, or get tattoo as evidence of your visit to the village. Help yourself to some Sabahan delicacies offered throughout the tour & sit back to an entertaining live traditional performance carried out by the natives. Kokol hill Elf Those who want to escape the blistering heat in the city usually make their way here as the temperature ranges from a pleasant 18°C to 24°C. Sitting on one of the highest view points (800m/2,625ft) in Kota Kinabalu (Sabah) is Kokol Hill (Bukit Kokol), a favourite local hotspot. Kokol Hill is also located on the Crocker Range and known for its beautiful resorts, picturesque sunset views, cooling mountain breeze and clear blue skies.
- Those who want to escape the blistering heat in the city
- Experience Mari-Mari simple yet delicate life
Itinerary (Tour Duration – 7 Hours):
- 09:00 – Depart time
- 09:40 – Pick up guest at designated hotel to Mari Mari Village
- 10:00 – Arrived and have an introduction session
- 10:15 – Visit traditional trial houses and join traditional games
- 11:30 – Go to the performance hall to watch performances (Aboriginal dance)
- 12:00 – Enjoy Sabah gourmet lunch
- 13:00 – Gather and go to the Floating Mosque
- 14:40 – Visit Cocoa Mountain
- 13:40 – Go to Tun Mustapha Building
- 19:00 – Depart back to hotel