Help yourself to some Sabahan delicacies offered throughout the tour & sit back to an entertaining live traditional performance carried out by the natives. Experience their simple yet delicate life: making blowpipe for hunting, setup fire in traditional way, or get tattoo as evidence of your visit to the village. Mari-Mari Cultural Village is the perfect place for people of all ages to learn about the prehistoric culture of Sabahan tribes. Mari-Mari Cultural Village is the perfect place for people of all ages to learn about the prehistoric culture of Sabahan tribes. Wander the grounds of a Sabahan-style house fully furnished with a bedroom, living room, kitchen, and bathroom. car and veranda, in a completely new perspective. Not only for the fun, but this house also takes part in saving the planet by educating tourists on the importance of conservation of biodiversity, ecosystem and natural resources. You can also enjoy the 3D Wonders Museum, not far away from Upside Down House, to experience the largest 3D art exhibition in East Malaysia. This fun house displays 3D paintings mostly about Sabah where you can interact and become part of them.
Situated in the middle of a remote forest setting, stimulate your senses with the scenery, sound, smell, taste and feel of Sabah’s yesteryears at Mari-Mari Cultural Village. Escape your daily routine and get hands-on experience on the lifestyle of Sabah’s ethnic communities where you will be guided by the descendants of among the 5 tribes in the village. Rumah Terbalik, literally means Upside-down House, is among the first of its kind in South East Asia. Located at Tamparuli, Rumah Terbalik becomes a place that has been attracting visitors since its opening in 2012.
- Help yourself to some Sabahan delicacies and Experience their simple yet delicate life
- Mari-Mari Cultural Village is the perfect place for people of all ages to learn about the prehistoric culture of Sabahan tribes.
Itinerary (Tour Duration – 10 Hours):
- 09:00 – Depart time
- 09:40 – Pick up from city hotel to Mari Mari Village
- 10:00 – Arrived and have an introduction session
- 10:15 – Visit traditional trial houses and join traditional games
- 11:30 – Go to the performance hall to watch performances (Aboriginal dance)
- 12:00 – Enjoy Sabah gourmet lunch
- 13:00 – Continue to Upside Down House Sabah
- 14:00 – Arrived and hear briefing
- 15:00 – Take photo visit inside the Upside Down House
- 17:00 – Return back to Kota Kinabalu
- 18:30 – Transfer back to respective hotel